Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tribute to a Legend

Ustad Ali Akbar Khansah
ab whom I respected and admired was not only a great musician but he was also a most loving and adorable person. Words are not enough to go into the depth of his greatness as he was an ocean of a musician.

His music is always there when I listen to any music and with all the musical imaginations he is always floating in the musical atmosphere.

Some of the most memorable performances I have been blessed to hear were when he played with my elder brother Ustad Vilayat Khan. They were like two wings of an angel enlightening and uplifting me and the entire audience with the true vision of heaven.

Although he has gone to his heavenly abode his music and the memory of his charming personality will always live in my heart and soul. Actually we live in a very wonderful and blessed musical period where we can glimpse some of his beautiful music from his recordings. But definitely blessed are those who heard him and experienced his memorable presence. More than this I will only be able to write with my tears.

May Allaah keep the torch of his Khandaan glowing.

Sincerest Condolences, Imrat Khan